Sunday 9 May 2010

The Build Up

Hi and welcome to my first attempt at blogging. Maybe it will be a flash in the pan sort of thing or maybe it will be the start of a beautiful relationship with the blogosphere. Whichever it is I hope someone out there reads it and likes it.

Well let me start with a few things about myself. I am in my early 40's married to a wonderful woman in her early 40's (slightly earlier than me), which she doesn't like to talk about. We have two kids, our Daughter Olivia is 14 going on 24, our Son Oscar is 12 and rather taken with sitting in front of his telly watching stupid American sitcoms, which he must get off me.

We decided some months ago that this would be the year when we would push the boat out (literally) and go on our dream holiday of a cruise. The kids are old enough to appreciate it now, but not too old as to be disrupting their schooling. After many hours on the internet and pouring over brochures we decided upon a cruise around the Mediterranean on board the biggest (as it was then) cruise liner at sea the Independence Of The Seas. We were impressed at all the activities on board to keep the kids happy while we lounge around drinking cocktails. The kids have other ideas of course and are determined to get us on the flowrider and the climbing wall. Not to mention the ice skating rink also. I have other ideas about fun on holiday but I am sure we will come to that if my blogging catches on and I carry on with my updates on a regular basis. All dependant on cost of wifi internet access onboard!

We are due to set sail in six days time. It has been a long time coming and I must have read and re-read every forum post, every review going, feel that I know the ship back to front and that I have been on the holiday for ages.

I have printed off a route map of our journey to Southampton, just in case the sat nag (oops typo, no I wasn't referring to the Wife) throws a wobbler and I will go into the petrol station after filling up the car for our journey to Southampton on Saturday morning and feel compelled to buy an AA Road Atlas ...just in case. Our tickets, passports, european health cards are all stowed away safely (hope I can remember where they are on Saturday morning). Just need to pick up the Euro's and we are all set.

If anyone has a weightlifters belt that I could borrow please let me know. These cases are getting heavier and heavier. Whoever told my Wife that there is a 95 Kilo per person weight limit wants shooting!!

The ash cloud is closing airports left right and centre and a few of my friends and family have been affected over the past few weeks. I must have had a premonition when we decided on a cruise, and one that doesn't involve flying to your cruise ship too!

Anyway I will post on here and add pictures too in the coming weeks. If you enjoy my blog please comment so that I know that someone is reading it.

Thanks

Steven

1 comment:

  1. hi steven
    had a read at your blog well done will see you on board. all the best
    paul.

    ReplyDelete